Living in Moscow, Moscow region
Citizen of Russia
Fullstack Ruby on Rails Senior/Lead
I like to create products and services using information technologies to provide users with some new opportunities, e.g. services for obtaining electronic cheques, hotel reservation or search for deposits.
To do it, I use the following skills:
- writing technical assignment / specification;
- using client-server approach and technologies;
- programming the main functionality on the server side and minimally necessary on the client side;
- sometimes — wrting test cases / scenarious;
- sometimes — operational documentation;
- sometimes — schemata and diagrams of business processes, systems interaction etc.;
- sometimes — creating user interface layouts;
- sometimes — collecting data, formulation and testing hypotheses.
Currently, I'm looking for remote work. I'm not interested in relocation and business trips.
Back-end (server side)
Ruby — 6 years of experience. I try to write "clean" code, i.e. with understandable abstractions, visual, safe, reliable.
Rails — 6 years of experience. I pay great attention to the structure of the code and use DRY and SOLID principles. Also, I prefer to write small specialized classes, for example to separate business logic from data storage.
SQL MySQL PostgreSQL — triggers, views, and full-text search.
Redis — see example: solution for checking site/service operability.
TDD RSpec FactoryBot Swagger (OpenAPI)
HTML CSS Sass
UML User Story ER-diagrams — 1-2 years of experience in System Analyst role in large corporate projects.
XML SOAP — for integration between several systems.
UX — I made sketches for some web pages using Balsamiq, Visio, Quant UX.
git Linux Google Cloud Storage
Desired work conditions
I like to plan what and how I should do, and also plan my activities.
I feel comfortable working independently, and if necessary I ask help from the staff.
I love to work in teams where every person has unique role (cross-functional teams), e.g. front-end + back-end + designer + product owner.
I'm not interested in out-staff work.
Important! I don't like overtime work, especially when it is not compensated by money or rest days.
Expectations for corporate culture
I'm interested in a democratic, creative environment, where there is a space for the development of work processes and results, as well as experiments. I welcome the combination of adaptability and organization!
|Year of ending||Educational institution, direction of training|
|2015||Postgraduate (not finished PhD thesis), Moscow Technical University of Communication and Informatics|
|2013||Course "Project Management Workshop. Key documents, tools, solutions", "Project Practice"|
|2012||Specialist degree, 5-year graduate (Information Technologies, Computer Software), Moscow Technical University of Communication and Informatics|
As developer: 9 years.
As system analyst: 2 years.
Ruby Developer at Balance-Platform (Russia)
February 2021 — nowadays, 13 months Ruby Rails PostgreSQL RSpec Swagger (OpenAPI) Docker Kubernetes
Bank software development. There is a lot of code, many validation rules and operations, more than 50 tables in the database in these programmes.
Rails Developer at Russian Railways (Russia)
Participated in products:
- Main product: I've added new functionality for managing news, surveys, advertising banners and transport documents for the site called "Personal Area (cargo transportations)".
- New site for discussing and voting for ideas and proposals.
- SMS gateway.
Rails Developer at GameServerKings
Big changes in UI of the site (with the help of web designer), and also new features & functions on the site for clients & employees of this company. For example, integrating payments with 3 services. This company provides virtual hosting for online games. It's international team. I worked remotely there, all communications were held in English.
Dev Team Lead at MOC ICT (Russia)
It is a subsidiary company of the Government of the Moscow region.
Developed Redmine-based site for controlling freight carriage.
There were 2 other developers in the team, everybody worked remotely.
But, alas, there were overtime work (even work on holidays) and a lot of stress.
System Analyst at Sberbank-Technology (Russia)
November 2017 — April 2018, 6 months UML
It is a subsidiary company of the largest bank in Eastern Europe, Sberbank.
I took part in the development of a set of programs for storing and managing data of the bank's clients, including:
- writing operational documentation;
- creating technical specifications for developers;
- designing integration between internal systems in micro-service platform.
Process Analyst at FC Otkrytie (Russia)
June 2017 — October 2017, 5 months UML Use Case UX
It is one of the largest banks in Russia.
I worked there in webdev team. Most interesting achievements there:
- I explored standards and recommendations on adapting web sites for visually, hearing and motor impaired people. Result this work in a set of guidelines for team. This work should make company's sites more convenient for these groups of people, i.e. reading information from this bank, filling the forms etc.
- Also, I explored business process of cash exchange for customers: from putting order on web site to getting cash in branch offices. I described all associated processes, including information systems and user actions. And coordinated integration work.
- I studied the topic of collateral properties and wrote technical specification for a third-party contractor to develop a site with a catalog of objects: real estate, cars, equipment.
System Analyst and Developer at NIIAS (Russia)
September 2016 — May 2017, 9 months Ruby Oracle UML XML SOAP
This company develops integration platform for Russian Railways.
I was involved in the integration of several information systems of the company in order to automate the drawing up of train schedules in the Russian Far East. To do it, I collected and coordinated the requirements with all interested parties, wrote algorithms for converting and transferring data from one systems to others. Using XML, XSD, WSDL, SOAP.
System Analyst / Developer at Uniweb (Russia)
January 2015 — July 2016, 1 year and 7 months
First, as a Developer (about a year), and then as a System Analyst.
System Analyst: UML Use Case User Story
As a System Analyst, I gathered requirements, elaborated them, wrote specifications for developers, and researched business processes.
Improved business process of enrolment in paid online courses on the site uniweb.ru to reduce time of processing the application by 30% through the introduction of early registration on training and performing similar operations by a single thread.
As a Software Engineer, I developed site for promoting distance learning courses for foreigners who wants to learn the Russian language (PushkinOnline), within team. Automated tests, refactoring, new features, bug fixes.
Increased stability (by 15%) and loading speed of the site by using automated testing and code refactoring. Also developed sections and features on the site, which increased the number of registrations on the online courses by 20%.
Developer at MTS (Russia)
It is one of the largest telecommunication companies in Eastern Europe.
I created a prototype of information system based on Redmine to test and elaborate ideas about project management in this large company
Lead Developer at CityAds (Russia)
This company provides services in Internet advertising.
I created a unified system for task management of employees at all levels (Redmine + custom plugins), thereby reducing the costs for the use of some third-party applications.
Implemented CRM for employees and migrated data from Salesforce. To get it done, I've collected requirements from employees, created data model and associated functionality, and trained users. Some tasks I gave to my subordinate.
Lead Developer at Wand (Russia)
It is web design studio.
I developed sites for commercial and non-profit organizations, within team and with help of one subordinate.
Early job experience
PHP Developer, CobraTelecom, November 2010 — January 2012, 1 year and 3 months
Delphi Developer, Salut, July 2009 — September 2010, 1 year and 3 months
English — intermediate, B1
Italian — elementary (elementare), A1
A few more words about learning
I use Crystal and I'm interested in increasing speed of code execution and in approaches for increasing the reliability of programs.
Also I update my skills in server management & DevOps.
I study Domain-Driven Design for redesigning and refactoring software.
Please check these repositories:
- railbus, Ruby gem for generating JS functions for getting application URLs and for performing async requests to the application. It works together with NPM package yambus
- monitoring_web_service, Rails-based solution for monitoring availability of any site
- Ruby-based & Crystal-based typical microservices